Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Can I come in please?

Gday everyone...it's 10 to 10 and I'm trying to navigate my way around piecing one of these 'Blog' things together. 

So, maybe I haven't been so wonderful at letting people inside this earthsuit in the past; But maybe,  I might be able to improve with a little assistance from modern technology.

I count myself incredibly blessed to have grown up in the family I did. The youngest of three, I share sibling-hood with one brother and one sister. 

Skating was a fun past-time for me, until a combination of 6th form homework, a rural house location with no concrete, and an injured knee ruled that party out.

So I guess drumming has since been the order of the day. Yaaaaaaaaay!
I never intended on  being a singer, rostered semi-regularly for a youth church, funnily enough. I just got a band together once for a talent quest and sang because I knew the song. 
Perhaps God had other ideas...not sure. So anyway, 9 years down the track I still find myself behind a voice amplifier about every 3 weeks. Strange that. And there have been plenty of acolades thrown from here and there...which is nice...but sometimes it's not always the way it is.
I got the chance to to this 'interlude talk thing' in a Kirk Franklin song at Flame once. It's got the lines 'this song is dedicated to people like me, those that struggle with insecurities, acceptance, and even self esteem...etc.'  
It is an interesting little blurb and I made one of my flat-mates so sick of that song when I was learning the blurb hehe. But, I think there are some people who kind of sniggered when I was reeling off those lines...Perhaps they thought, 'that couldn't be true of him'...'He doesn't struggle with that'...
All I can say is ya can't judge a book by its cover. Teehee. Maybe there are some people among us who seem to have it all together, but are actually crying out on the inside saying, “Is who I am, Ok?”

Hope I haven't made ya too emo but hey, I'll wind up by saying, 'God give me the grace to love people for who they are inside and to accept them like You do.'






17 comments:

jacksta said...

stoked to know you dude

Rachel Kate said...

great post! it's always refreshing to heaer a little honesty

Symon said...

"This blog is dedicated to people just like me..." Great post Jas. Keep em coming!

PaisleyJade said...

Yay - you are one very interesting blogger.

Kate said...

*YAAAAAY*!

Neen said...

Welcome to blogland my brother. It's a priviledge to know you and have you as part of my life. Absolutely loved your song lastnight - especially the extra girl bv's and drums - so get your angle!

Miss Elizabeth said...

Thanks Kristy, I'll take that as a compliment...

Miss Elizabeth said...

YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY! lol

Rachel Kate said...

if you were a mouse, would you
a) jump to conclusions
b) _ _ _ _
c) run up a myspace account
d) create a diversion

Kate said...

OH! And that picture of the rock wall is so shibby! Yeah!

Rachel Kate said...

shibbY? what is that? like cool on steriods?

Miss Elizabeth said...

I know, totally! Rock walling is the Shibbiest thing around...

Arna said...

mmmm.
you are a legend.
and i can be silent.
just you watch for the next hour! grrr.
we's appreciate you. v v much! :D

Anonymous said...

Hey wassup?? You're awesome, love ya musings..if you were a possum being chased by Jase with a stick would you..
a)plead insanity
b)find a job
c)qualify for the 100m sprint

Rachel Kate said...

so how many peeps are in JJ's little "Club" now? Coz Mawson & James sure are!

Love is a Blindfolded Marathon said...

JJ's club is invite only sorry Rach the number is unknown to all but Jase and Jon. oh and me and james

Rachel Kate said...

*choke* who said i wanted to join???